The positioning of sites in Ukraine mainly involves the promotion and context advertising in Google, which occupies 92% of the market, 6% occupies Yandex. Positioning is available in two languages: Ukrainian and Russian, because depending on the city and topic, people search in different languages. According to the new law, all firms operating in the Ukrainian market must have a Ukrainian language version of the site, other versions are also allowed. Among the social networks are popular Facebook and Instagram.
It is safe to say that website promotion in Ukraine is promising due to the availability of free niches for doing business. Ukrainians do not have their own Ukrainian-language search engine (for example, unlike Runet in Russia). Therefore, about 93% of Ukrainian users most often use Google. This aspect is important to consider when promoting a website.
What search engines will help to promote a site in Ukraine quicker?
Many people ask: “What search engine is the best for positioning in Ukraine?”. After the statistics below, the answer seems obvious. Google is among the leaders. 9 out of 10 Ukrainians use this search engine.
|Search engine name||Number of Ukrainian users|
What social networks are better for website promotion in Ukraine?
As a result of the ban imposed on Russian networks VKontakte and Odnoklassniki, most Ukrainian users began to use Facebook and Instagram.
|Name of social network||Number of Ukrainian users|
It is necessary to take into account the target audience of social networks. For example, Facebook is equally used by men and women of different age categories. Telegram is mainly used by men of 25- 35 age group, while Instagram and VKontakte are predominantly used by women and primarily youth.
What is important to consider when promoting a website in Ukraine?
1. Frequent reference of the region. It is a good idea to use the name of the area in the headings and texts of the articles as often as possible. We advise mentioning not only the country but also the city in the headings for Ukrainian web-resources. Visitors often use their location in search queries, for example:
- positioning in Ukraine;
- website promotion in Rivne;
- search promotion in Kyiv;
- SEO agency Kharkiv, etc.
2. Special aspects of domain name registration. The main domain zone in Ukraine is “UA,” as well as “COM.UA.” By choosing such a domain name, you will make the target audience understand that the site is Ukrainian. You can also specify more accurate regional settings, for example:
- «SITE.RV.UA» – for Rivne;
- «SITE.KIEV.UA» – for Kyiv.
During a local search, such websites will be able to make the top 10 ranks in the search engine.
3. The selection of hosting. Choose a hosting provider whose servers are located in Ukraine. This will help to speed up the loading of site pages.
4. Buying external links. We recommend giving priority to Ukrainian platforms, which are geographically close. It is better to place Russian-language phrases in link anchors, which will help promote the site in both Ukrainian and Russian.
Ukrainian users use two languages - Ukrainian and Russian. According to Ukrainian law, each Ukrainian website must have a Ukrainian version, and if desired, translations in other languages, that is, in Russian. This aspect is important to consider when filling the site.
Which language is more effective for website promotion in Ukraine?
If your business is aimed at a target audience from the south-eastern part of Ukraine, then you can focus on Russian-language content. But if your goal is to cover the entire territory of Ukraine, then all content should be both in Ukrainian and Russian.
Website promotion in a specific region will cost less than website promotion throughout the country.
How long will it take to promote a website in Ukraine?
Both the cost and duration of website promotion will depend on the sphere of your company, the state of the site, the state of the hosting, the structure of the site, and other factors.
To calculate the terms and cost of website promotion, you can contact our company. Our team offers a number of services:
- SEO analysis of websites;
- search engine website optimization;
- web promotion consultations;
- filling the site (content);
- website promotion in search engines;
- usability optimization of your site.