A/B testing is a research method that aims to confirm the assumption of improvements in comparison with the original version. Such testing is carried out on sites, as well as mobile applications.
In addition to standard testing, we also use:
- Heat maps – the best way to visualize the data on the actions of visitors on the site. Such maps can track the visitors scrolling, transitions or clicks and analyze them.
- Split tests, or Split URL testing – testing where the page variants are located at different URLs, but the visitor does not see the difference.
- Multivariate Testing (MVT) – the ability to test several changes at once on a single web page: header, video, banner. Thanks to multivariate testing, all these optimizations will be tested at a time.
A/B testing will answer the questions:
- What elements of your pages are influencing the target audience behavior and sales more?
- Which headings attract more attention to your site?
- Do you need to implement this new feature?
Advantages of A/B testing
It will be much cheaper to make conversion optimization than to make traffic. With A/B testing, you can get a more visible optimization result.
With A/B testing you can:
- Learn more information about the visitors of your site, as well as find out the impact of various elements of the site page on the behavior of the target audience
- Accumulate all your resources on the tasks that will have a greater effect on the site visitors
- Confirm all optimization hypotheses, and thus eliminate subjectivity in decision making
Based on the results of the A/B testing, you can build your strategy correctly and understand what attracts visitors to your site. You will be able to invest in what customers like and that will significantly increase sales. This way, you will be able to make the right decisions that are more effective for your business.